Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mon. Apr 18th 2011, We have a leak !

Join us as we travel North America in our Holiday Rambler Vacationer,
 since August 2006

       As we were going to bed sunday night, we felt a wet spot on the carpet between the kitchen and the hallway. Hmm, need to investigate, I removed a panel and there it is, a fitting on our hot water heater ! So we shut of our water supply and went to bed.
the DRIP!
       So in the morning awaking to reality and think gotta fix this. So I did my computing, had my juice and coffees, walkabout the resort thinking about the repair I need to tackle. Well ready to go I undo the parts and it came apart easily! Wow this is to easy I am thinking, afraid to say it out loud.
leaky part
       Just around the corner is Lowes a huge big box store that has everything, right! Well they had every plumbing part made by man, rows and rows of them, but not my part. Myself and two associates
searched the shelves. Plan "B" they suggest Houston Plumbing around the corner, or a campground out of town has RV parts. Well I drove around town searching for Houston, finally I stopped at an Auto Parts store, here's the Sheriff and a few guys hanging out drinking coffee. I told them I was lost and they agreed, I was a long way from Ontario (saw our license plate). Got directions and right to Houston Plumbing and Heating, yeah! The doors are locked nobody there.

       Next is plan "C" go to a campground Rv parts place about 5 miles out of town. They had all the parts too except the one I want. She can order it in but, not until friday, or (plan D) I can go back to I-10 and north about 8 miles past Criddersville and try the Lima Bargain Centre.
Cridersville
Bargain Centre
       This is another small town with a huge hardware store, they had the part, yippee!! A three dollar part  that took me over two hours to find, but I got to see some nice countryside and chat with some very helpful people. So back home again, the easy part, just put the parts together and there ya go its lunch time and no more leak.
all fixed
       After lunch Suzie and I went and wandered about Walmart for some stuff and Easter gifts for our grandchildren, then back home to soak in the hot tub and swim a few laps of the pool, kinda like it here too, except for the cool damp weather outside, my arthritis pains are beginning to act up again.
hot tub
nice pool
       After this, inside to make a dozen mini pecan tarts before starting supper, I just put them in the oven and stepped outside I noticed a coach, a few sites away, that was not there before with Ontario Plates. Sure enough they waved out the window and came over to Visit. It was Bob and Jody from Galvin Bay Resort in Ontario, we ran into them here about a year ago, small world.
Bob and Jody
       They joined us for Happy Hour, it was actually sunny enough to sit at the picnic table. And compare our winter travels. I kept an eye on the tarts and brought them out for them to sample, yes they gave the nod of approval.
yummy tarts
      Eventually it cooled down and was time for supper, so back inside to just throw together some shake and bake pork chops baked on a stewed tomatoes and rice casserole for a tasty supper.
tasty
       Another great day and only one more left before we cross back to Ontario for our required 5 months residency.

hit counters
Visitor Number
Notice the controls for this New Map on the left side, you can zoom into different areas of the map and see where we are or have been.
View Winter 2010- 2011 in a larger map

5 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get your leak fix without too much difficulty. Nice to make a good situation out of a bad one, with your driving around the country trying to find the part you need, but what else did you have to do anyways? The weather is still miserable and cold here in Nova Scotia too. Never coming back to Canada this early again.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin and Ruth:
    About being too early I hear ya. But you had a purpose this year. We are thinking the same thing. Supposed to be at the farm in New Hamburg tomorrow, but not sure where we are going to park, maybe too muddy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the leaky part was sending you a message, don't come home, too wet here, drip, drip drip! Wishing you a safe last day and good border crossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contessa"
    think you are right, but our 182 days is soon done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness the part you needed was at that other place, even if it WAS further away! Your drive ended up being worth it since you were able to fix your leak. I hope that by replacing the damaged part, you haven’t had the same trouble again.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.