Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Busy doing nothing maybe?

Where are we today ?
New Hamburg Ontario
        Another cool almost sunny day and I am slowly writing this posting on Suzie's PC. It takes a little getting used to after using a Mac for the last three years. My MAC is in the shop for a warranty repair and I better not complain about her PC or she will not let me use it! I'm gonna call this repair and Apple DECKtemy. The DVD super drive is not working properly and needs to be fixed. Ten days left on my extended warranty so lets get ur done.

         So at 9:15  this morning Suzie headed to Stratford Hospital with her dad for ex-rays on his painful hip and shoulder. Then they had lunch and off to the hospital in Kitchener to visit her mom. Her mom is making progress slowly, eating some solid foods but still in ICU. We are still in the hurry up and wait patiently mode for a while yet.

         While they did this I dropped my Mac off at the repair center in Kitchener then off to visit with my mother. Had a coffee chatted for a bit and made few adjustments to her computer. She just can't figure out how things keep magically changing on her computer, especially when she has made no changes at all. A total mystery I am sure that these computers have a mind of their own.

        I got back home and booted up Suzie's PC and set Google Chrome as my own browser then set to work getting ready to do some stuff here. 

         Mid afternoon she got back home and we puttered around for a bit, I was brought up to date on all the stuff going on.  Then Sandy and I threw together a quick easy supper some beef in jar heated up and gravy thickened, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies and a cucumber tomato salad for supper. Her Dad came back here for supper to and we all had a very tasty meal.
Omer watching us cook supper
this squirrel just hanging out bugging Omer
a super tasty supper
        Supper all done and I am having to much fun trying to post this on Suzie's PC. The keys are in the wrong place on the keyboard and the Key strokes I have become familiar with on my Mac are giving some very interesting results here. Good for a few laughs at least. I try to do something and have to stop and show her some very weird things that are going on. But I finally got done what I wanted to say , I think!

        With all this fun I am having I almost missed that we have a new follower who jumped on board today, I would like thank Ken Pratt,,http://trailercamper.blogspot.ca/ for joining our travels.

         Oh yeah thanks so much to Suzie for allowing me to abuse her PC for the few days my Mac is in the shop, I surely do miss it already. (gotta be nice and not insult her computer or she might deny me access) Also thanks to all who dare to venture into our world.
Check out the map below to see where we have been this summer
View Summer 2012 in a larger map

14 comments:

  1. George, with us it is vice versa. Bea is the Mac-girl while I am hammering away on my 7-year-old Laptop.
    That supper made me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nice to have both platforms to work with, but the Mac is awesome, a few program you can't run, but I can get around that.

      Delete
  2. It's a good thing you got your computer in the shop while the warranty was still good. Most of the time it seems things break down after the warranty has expired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are so right, I guess i just got lucky.

      Delete
  3. I also have a mack book pro and I love it...whenever I have to use Ricks PC I'm lost...its all so different..and I forget how to run it...even tho I've used a PC for many years...I do have to say I'm in love with the mac...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. had the Mac for three years and just love it too.

      Delete
  4. Oh and GREAT looking meal there...and I want to steal Omer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would not be hard to steal Omer, he is too friendly.

      Delete
  5. Beef in a Jar always looks much better served on a dinner plate than it actually sounds. I think you should come up with a fancy new name for that dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm,,, any ideas? it is exactly that , beef in a jar, that has been preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy LetendreJune 05, 2012 2:12 pm

    Suzie, we know how difficult it can be helping elderly parents. You are in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry that Mom is still in ICU, it is normal for heart surgery and she is getting much better care and constant care there. When she gets to a regular ward you are all going to wish she was in ICU!!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.