Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fun in the sun, southern Mississippi....

Where are we today ?
        Todays weather was almost a carbon copy of yesterday. Sunshine, blue, skies, nice warm temps mid 70's (23c), perfect! Walkabouts the resort, off to the store for a few food items and back home doing a bit more waxing of our coach. A fun day.
        Sandy dropped by to take a couple pics of me actually working. You only see pictures of us hanging out and reading books. Here is actual proof that I really do stuff around here, usually early morning is when I am most productive. Suzie she no take many pictures. Thanks Sandy!!
a bit of wax here amd there
cleaning the roof too
          Also so busy yesterday that even forgot to mention that I cut my hair and beard, (who cares ya say?). Suzie trimmed the back for me now I am almost respectable, and bald too!
         Denis and Sandy dropped by to check out Our Weber Q-100 grill. The best one we have ever owned and is worth every penny that we paid for it, and then some!
me and our Weber Q-100
          After lunch puttered around a bit more, got to read outside for a while and I gave Sandy (of Denis and Sandy) a few pointers on doing their blog. You can check them out here, they are doing a tour this winter thru the southern states then all the way to Alaska this summer as well.
         Then of course we need to do the "Happy Hour" at a respectable time, today from 4 until 4:40 pm. Not quite an hour but is something that needs to be done, have some fun and be silly. Then it was getting too chilly to sit outside.
Getting cool now, time to head home
cheers, see ya later
         Fired up our Weber, threw on a couple potatoes to bake, fresh mushrooms and onions in foil, garlic bread in foil as well. Then a couple minutes for the steaks and we had a wonderfully tasty steak dinner. Not very often we do a steak its kind of a nice treat (red meat ya know!) Especially when I can pick them up at a really good price too.
        Add a few mixed veggies, no fat sour cream and all is good.
        After supper took the garbage out and noticed this amazing "ring around the Moon". I took lotsa pictures like the one above, but they did not turn out. So got one off the internet, just like we witnessed, (yep you can believe me, its true!) All kinds of neat info about it on the web here is a link that you can check out if you wish, just click HERE. Could be sign of some kind of weather.
 
        Thats its for another great day in southern Mississipi. Just putter around , enjoy the nice weather, visit with friends while they are here, and have a great home cooked supper.
         Life is good and glad that you could drop by to take a peak. We are so blessed to be able to live this lifestyle. Come back again and check us out.

Check out the map below to see where we have been this winter
View Winter 2012-1013 in a larger map

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you are Enjoying yourself with your friends. Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day and some actual work too, be careful not to overdo it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days are so good they are worth a repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and we can do with a few more too while we are at it.

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! A photo without the hat, will wonders never cease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, sure wish I could convince my wife to cut my hair. It's not like there's any "styling" involved. She won't go there. Maybe afraid she'll remove an ear?
    I suppose that would be bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't cut yourself with electric clippers.
      I have do it all by myself, just takes longer.

      Delete
  6. that picture of you waxing loos a bit staged, just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well she told me to turn around and smile, but I was actually waxing the coach.

      Delete
  7. Nice haircut George. Lookin good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's funny that everyone seems to like your pic w/o the hat. That's why I took that one because I don't think I've ever seen the top of your head ha, ha.
    We had fun visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always wear a hat keep the sun and cold off my head.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.